A: Even with the advent of Facebook, I can count on one hand.
Raftbuddy is one of those five people of mine. We met in our sorority house. I think I actually met her mother, Mrs. Duck, who was an alumnae advisor, first. I was having my doubts and Mrs. Duck convinced me to stay. She must have known that her daughter was coming to save me. This week Raftbuddy and her husband came to visit China and we reconnected as we ran around Shanghai.
10 things you should know about Raftbuddy:
1) she is religious about sending Christmas cards; she has never missed a year since she was married.
2) she could be in Mensa but isn’t.
3) she has donated her hair, which is long and voluminous, to Locks for Love on more than one occasion.
4) she cyber sleuths on her teens – AWESOME – and gave me a few tips.
5) her penmanship is beautiful.
6) she married a really nice man.
7) her kids are CUTE.
8) she is still fun to pal around with – although this was the first time I think we ever shopped together.
9) she was a cheerleader in college and student body president of the same university when she was in law school
10) Raftbuddy’s grandmother took us out for Chinese food to celebrate Raftbuddy’s 19th birthday. She still likes it hot and spicy!
Happy Birthday, Raftbuddy!
P.S. I fell off the wagon this week and so am cheating and backdating this post.